Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Elizabeth - Flat Stanley travels down to Long Beach, California!

Dear Class,

I live in a city called Long Beach, it's 45 minutes south of Los Angeles and has so much to do and see! I was happy to get Flat Stanley in the mail so I could show him around some of my favorite spots. We drove down to the ocean to see the Queen Mary, which is a big ocean liner that operated over 50 years ago and now sits at the dock in Long Beach permanently. It was one of the most beautiful and popular ships of its day. We even went on and got to tour all the cool parts of the ship! Next door to the Queen Mary there is the Long Beach Aquarium. Flat Stanley and I had fun looking at all the cool fish. There is a whole section for Tropical fish from the Pacific Ocean, which is the ocean that California boarders. We got to see Sea Dragons, Lionfish, Sea Turtle, and did you know there was something called a Clownfish? Flat Stanley and I thought that was funny. Oh, and there is also a shark lagoon, which has sharks and sting rays. You can actually touch the sting rays! That was pretty cool and Flat Stanley and I really liked it.

After we did that, I had to go to work and I brought Flat Stanley along. I am a police officer and I work at night. I drive around, make sure everyone is safe and obeying the rules. Flat Stanley was a great partner! He helped me look for people that may be in trouble or need help. This is a picture of us together at the police department that I work out of. 

Best,
Marc
Spending time at the Police Department was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment