Monday, February 24, 2014

Elizabeth - Flat Stanley Visits Florida!

Dear Elizabeth,


I was so excited when your Aunt Kim told me Flat Stanley was coming
for a visit!  Your Aunt Kim and I have been friends since we were 2nd
graders in Gorham too, so I knew Stanley must have been in good hands
before he came to my house.

Even though it's February, Flat Stanley fit right in with his t-shirt
and shorts in Florida -- it was about 80 degrees!  We live in
Gulfport, which is a little beach town just south of St. Pete. St.
Pete is a big city like Portland, and it's nice to visit there, but
it's also nice to come home to our quiet and fun little town of
Gulfport.  There's a big beach about two blocks from our house, but
there's also a big marina on the other side of town, where people keep
their boats when they're not out sailing and fishing.  Flat Stanley
came for a bike ride with us down to the Marina, where we learned
about Manatees (the call them "sea cows"!  Maybe Mrs. Sturgis can show
you a picture :) ), and went for a hike up a big hill where we could
look over all the trees and shrubs below.  Florida has a lot of pines,
but they're very tall and skinny -- not thick and fat like the pine
trees in Maine.  Stanley climbed up into a Giant Palm and pretended to
hide from us -- the palm was so big, we almost couldn't find him!  We
biked past a small lake and saw some big bird's nests on top of a
tree.  It looked like there was an eagle in there, but it could have
been another big Florida bird like an egret or a heron.


We had so much fun with Flat Stanley!  Thank you for letting him stay
with us.  We hope he can come back and visit soon! (Disney World is
only an hour away: maybe he could stay with Mickey Mouse next time!)


I've included some pictures of our trip -- hope you and your class like them!


Love,
Jayme

Check out the Manatee!
Can you see me?!?!
I love Florida!  The weather was so nice!
I enjoyed a bike ride in February!  It was so much fun!
I had the BEST VISIT EVER!
Believe me, this was a BIG palm tree!!!
Of course, I had to visit the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment