Monday, May 5, 2014

Camryn - Flat Stanley Visits Arizona (Part Two)!

Hi Camryn!

My name is Amanda and my mom, Stacy, is a friend of your Aunt Patty.  My boyfriend, Kamren, and I live in Tucson, Arizona and are juniors at The University of Arizona.  Kam is going to school to become an elementary school teacher and I am going to school to become an art teacher.  Tucson is located in Southern Arizona and is part of the Sonoran Desert.  Because Tucson is located in the desert, the summer temperatures are normally above 100 degrees.  It normally does not get very cold here, but it has snowed once since I lived here.  Over 980,000 people live in Tucson, but there are many more who reside here due to their attendance at the University of Arizona.  The mascots of the university are Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat, but when the university first began the mascot was a real wildcat named Rufus.  The University of Arizona is known for its academics and athletics.  Tucson is a really interesting place to live and I really enjoy going to The University of Arizona.  During my time with Flat Stanley, I took him to some of my favorite places on campus.

Flat Stanley took a picture with my boyfriend, Kamren, before he went to school for the day.  He is wearing his name tag that says College of Education since he works with children in an elementary school two days a week.  I had class on campus during my time with Flat Stanley, so I brought him with me.  Many of the students at my school ride bikes around campus, so I took a picture of Flat Stanley in my bicycle basket with my backpack before we made our way to class.  I took Flat Stanley to see the wildcat family sculpture and to the College of Education building which are two very important places on campus.  I also took Flat Stanley to see the chair sculptures that are located around the School of Art building and the turtle pond.  I like to spend time at the turtle pond because it is a very relaxing area of campus.  I also spend a lot of time sitting in the chair sculpture by the art building because that is where I take a lot of classes.  

I really enjoyed spending some time with Flat Stanley!


With the wildcat sculpture
At the turtle pond
Ready to head to campus
At the College of Education Building at The University of Arizona
Relaxing on the chair sculpture

No comments:

Post a Comment